Tuesday, September 30, 2008

PTA

Tonight is the first PTA meeting that I will be going to. I can't believe that I am starting the journy of a child in school. Jonas had his first fundraiser last friday. Which went really well. He had a lot of fun. He has school pictures today and I have PTA this evening. I feel like I am to young to have a kindergardener but really I am not. I can remember having him and just playing with him every waking moment. Now we talk about what he did in school and the different sounds that he is learning for each letter in the alphabet. It is very exciting to see him love learning and he is very good at retaining things. He must be like his dad. Josh is amazing with retaining things.


Jonas also got to attend his first sleep over. On last friday a friend who lives down the street (who has two kids the same ages that our kids are) wanted to have both kids for the evening. Josh and I were able to go to dinner and get a few needed things at Target. We then went and picked Miranda up and Jonas stayed the evening with his friend. I called the next morning and he didn't go to sleep until after midnight. I guess his friend sleeps with lights on and music and Jonas is so used to sleeping in quite and no lights. Funny kid because my friend turned off all that and he was fast asleep. I think that Jonas had a blast because he wants to go back.

On saturday Josh's brother and his wife and kids came over. Leslie and I spent the afternoon shopping at cute little shops. We ended the trip with a trip to the bank and getting some much needed goodies for the game. Josh and Nate watched the Duck game and now planning on watching it together this next weekend. The little boys played together really well. It was a nice day so they were able to get out and enjoy the sunshine. Fin and Miranda took long naps so the guys really did have a good time watching the game together. We also got to be a witness to Fin's first time clapping his hands. He is growing up so fast. Before you know it he will be on two feet running with his brother and cousins.

Well that is the update for our weekend......Until next time.. Thank you to everyone who sponsered Jonas on his first fundraiser!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

PTA ... seriously? I can't believe you're in the rhelm of PTA already. Crazy huh? We had a blast and looking forward to this coming weekend!! You really should move down here to DuckLand :)