Thursday, July 3, 2008

Special Time with Grandpa!

Last night I got a call from my dad. He wanted to know if he could take Jonas and Miranda to the Lumberjack Breakfast this morning. It is a big thing in Albany. This year they brought back the Timber Carnival which hasn't been here in like ten years. It is really cool because they have loggers walking on logs, cutting the log in half and all sorts of different things. Anyway. My dad came this morning @ around 8:00 am and picked up the kids. They were just getting up and I told Miranda that if she got dressed she could go see Grandpa. She got dressed in a hurry and went and laid on Grandpa's lap. She just loves him so much. Another man that has a special place in his heart for my daughter. Anytime that you talk about him her little face just lights up. She would love to just snuggle with Grandpa all day long if she got to. The three took off and went by and picked Aunt Beth, Uncle Jason, Eli and Zito. They all went to the breakfast. My dad said that the kids did really well and ate a lot. After the breakfast they went and saw Granny. Jonas and Miranda got to get the Baby Bear Baby Bear what do you see? and Polar Bear Polar Bear what do you hear? Very good books. Then they came home. My brother later called to let me know that Jonas went into the potty at the park and came out and said "I will never go in there again". Mind you he had his pants down around his ankles. Silly kid. Jason was a good uncle because he quickly ate his breakfast so that he could play with his neice and nephew in the park. The kids have a blast with my dad and my dad loves being with them. He is always coming by on his days off to see the kids. Sometimes he just comes over to take Jonas out to get a special toy or something like that. It is so cute. My mom and dad at Christmas time came and took the kids to Build a Bear in Eugene to make Rudolph and his girlfriend. It was so cute and fun for the kids. They loved it. Well I guess you all can see that I have the best parents. I will do another blog of my mom. She is a very special person in my life and she has been there for me all my life. She has been through a lot in her life and I am glad that she was able to be there for my wedding and both of our kids births. I love you mom and dad!

No comments: