Monday, July 28, 2008

Camping trip!

Well we are back from a very nice weekend. On Thrusday Josh and I and the kids headed out to the Alsea to do some camping. We got started around 2:00 PM. It is only and hour away I found out so we actually got there right on time. Jonas and Miranda slept the whole way there so it was really nice to just get to visit with Josh the whole time. We got to camp and I wasn't feeling the greatest. It could have been that we had pizza for lunch and then got a coffee right before leaving. Bad combo. So Josh actually set up camp by himself so that I could run back and forth to the bathroom. YUCK! After we got everything set up we just relaxed with friends. Our really good friends the Huffmans showed up shortly after we did so that was really nice. Jonas was so excited to play with there boys. Plus they have teenage girls who just love Miranda.


Friday we took off after breakfast and went to Waldport to the beach. We spent like four hours on the beach. Josh and Jonas and Miranda went down towards the water to make sandcastles and I took a nice nap on the beach. It was beautiful and really warm on the beach. We actually all got a little sunburned. Kissed by the sun. Then we headed back to the campsite and had a hot dog feed. The kids slept wonderful all weekend except for Friday nite a little boy in the tent next to us was getting some teeth so he screamed for a little while until his mommy took him to the car. I felt so bad. Miranda woke up after and came to bed with us.



Saturday we just played at the campsite. We went down to the river and let the kids play in the water and I floated with the Huffman kids down the river to the dead man's rapid. It was really nice to just hang out with them. Then in the evening we got to watch Herby the orginal movie. We usually watch a movie on Saturday evening, kind of like a drive in. Fun. Jonas loved the movie.



Sunday we had a big potluck after we had some devotions from the pastor of our church. It was really nice. Then we pack up all our stuff and headed home. We didn't get home until 4:00 which is later then we normally get home. I guess we were just having to much fun.



When we got home I called my mom and dad to let them know we were home and everyone was good. No booboo's! Mom was at my brothers getting somethings done for the wedding. She called back later to say that Grandma was not doing very well and she fell about a half hour ago, this is my mom's mom and she has cancer. Mom and my aunt Jennifer went down the week before to set her up with some care because it was getting really hard for her to be home alone. My aunt Cara lives close to my grandmother but it is very hard for her since she has four boys. One just graduated from high school but the rest are still in high school. My grandmother is a very special women. She had a baby in the fifties the sixties and the seventies. Then me and my brothers were all born in the eighties. I can remember her and papa coming to visit us and taking us back to California and spending the week with her. She came only a month after my papa passed away to my graduation and made it for Josh and I getting married. Three weeks after Jonas was born we made it down there to visit. When Miranda was born she was able to be in the room with us. That was very special because Grandma had never been there for a birth. She was nervous at first but she made it through with flying colors. She was so impressed. I was so glad that she was there with my through a very special time in our lives.



I LOVE GRANDMA!






Enough for today I will update you with everything that is going on. Until then.....

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Sounds like you had fun!! We're camping next weekend and looking forward to it ... sorry to hear about your grandma. She'll be in our prayers ...