Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Day!



Tomorrow is my birthday. I am turning the big 28! Whoo hoo is how I am feeling today. I got a call from my mom today wondering what I wanted to do for my birthday. I think I should say forget it all together. Wouldn't that be nice. Then my daddy called and talked to me about my grandmother. He wanted to make sure that Josh and I were ready if something happen to her. My mom said that she talked to her yesterday and she had dropped the phone at least eight times and she wrote my aunt some checks dated 1979 and 1980. I guess she is going. Not really wanting to grasp that right now. She is my last living grandparent. I am the oldest out of nine gradchildren and the only girl. My grandfather died when I was a senior in highschool. My grandmother is a very strong women. She was told I think about two years ago that she wouldn't have much longer to live and here she has lived for two years. I guess it is hard because you just want everyone to live forever and I know that is a part of life to not. We all need to go home and be with Jesus. How exciting is that. To actually meet him and hug him and say thank you for all that he has done for me. But to not have that person right around the corner is hard. It is comforting to know that someday I will again see her in Heaven and that she is going to be in a better place where she is not hurting anymore. But for now it is sad. It makes me just want to cry! I guess I am very greatful that she was able to be with Josh and I during Miranda birth. She also got to spend time with Jonas while this was all taking place. I am very lucky that she is my grandmother. Thank you Jesus for lettting my grandmother be in my life for 28 years. Grandma I know you are going to a better place with out pain. I love you with all my heart!

Tomorrow will just be another day of me getting older.......

No comments: