Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Life of a Beautiful Women!

My grandmother Beverly Jean Tootle was a beautiful women. She may not have said that but I think she was a elegant women. Last night my grandmother passed away and went to be with Jesus. Around 8:30 in the evening she just stopped breathing. I was visiting with Josh's dad and Step-mom when my parents walked through the door. It was 10:30 and I knew that it wasn't good since usually my parents are already in bed by that point. I spent yesterday morning with my mom and she could tell something wasn't right. Grandma wasn't breathing very well the night before and my mom could sense that it was coming soon. I just didn't realize that it was going to be this soon.
Last night I lay awake thinking about my grandmother. I can remember when I was little and struggling to go to sleep and she would just hold me and rub my eyes. It was very comforting and so relaxing that I would be fast asleep in no time. Silly things came to mind like that she wore bracellets and one was jade. It was so pretty, she always wore it. The way she carried herself was amazing. She had class that if for sure. When Josh and I got married she sent me a picture of her dress and shoes that she was going to wear. It was so cute. I can remember her soft hands (mom you have the same hands as grandma) holding mine. I also can remember when Papa and her came to Washington to pick us up and take us back to California. We played the game if you were quite to the next rest stop then we could get a quarter. She took me shopping while I was there with my Aunt Cara. It was so much fun. The memories can go on and on. I will never forget my grandma and how special is to me. I wish we had more time together but I know this was God's timing and I respect that.

Grandma you will be missed deeply but I know that you are with out pain now. I love you with all my heart!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

So sorry to hear this. Prayers are with you guys, that's for sure. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Jessica and family, So sorry for your loss. We are thinking of all of you. Love mom