Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Celebration of Life.....

The Bible says that the Lord is "the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles" (2 Corinthians 1:3-4).
This verses brings comfort to me during the time of grief with my grandmother passing away and also Helen my friends mom passing away. It is hard to watch to women who were very much loved to leave this earth. Even knowing that they were both going to be with Jesus it still was hard. Until today when Josh brought this verses to me. It was on a familar radio station that we both listen to. It was a conversation between Dr. Dobson and Steven Curtis Chapman. If you haven't heard about the tragic news that Steven Curtis Chapman daughter Maria Sue was in a horrible accident and lost her life. She was only five years old. This verses above gave comfort to the Chapman family during this hard time. It also brings me comfort during this hard time in my life. In my situation it has to do with cancer/ death but it is still losing someone that you loved. God is there for you in the good times and in the bad. We must rely on him with everything that we are going thru during that certain day or hour. It will bring us comfort and he will be able to get us through every situation that we go thru.
This afternoon I was very lucky to be a part of a celebration of life. It was the most amazing thing. Friends and family gathered at the middle school in my town and remembered a wonderful women that did anything for her family. She loved anyone that crossed her path and she had a love for Jesus and everyone knew it. It was filled with memories and stories of her life and pictures to show how happy she was. Helen was a wonderful women and she will be greatly missed. This celebration of life encouraged me to make sure that people know that I love Jesus. It also has helped me to not sweat the small stuff and to make sure that I mend any relationships that are in turmoil. You just never know what the future does hold only Jesus knows and I want to make sure that I live my life the way that he wants me too. It was a good closure to everything that has happen this month in my life.
Helen you will be missed but I know you are singing in Heaven with the angels. How exciting is that. Something that you have always wanted.
Goodnight.......Sleep tight.......Remember Jesus loves you......

No comments: