Friday, January 16, 2009

Glasses!

This is the new face of my little boy. Doesn't he look so handsome? Wow, I can't believe that with these glasses he looks all grown up. Here I am writing this post and tearing up. My little man is no longer a baby or a toddler (which he hasn't for awhile but...) anymore.

Jonas needed to get glasses due to him having a stigmatizam (probally spelled that one wrong). It is something that we couldn't have done anything to prevent. When we went to get his eyes checked they told us that he would have to wear them all the time. Jonas wasn't thrilled at the idea. Well today we picked them up and he has had them ever since. He doesn't mind them because they really do help. Man I have noticed a huge difference. He doesn't have to sit so close to things. (man why didn't I notice this before?) Any way cutest kid he is w/ this new super hero glasses of his....

This week has been busy. We are doing swimming lesson. Both kids are doing so good. Miranda feels really comfortable in the water. She is in Parent/ Tot class w/ Josh. She just splashes and actually doggy paddles. Jonas is in a glass this year. He is doing really good and getting the hang of things. Yesterday he went down to the bottom of the pool. He is doing really good putting his face in the water.

This morning I head for a much needed mom's weekend. Our church has an annual retreat every year. I am going w/ some friends and stopping out the outlets for some fun and relaxing shopping (w/ out kids). Nice. Well hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.....

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Ahhhh!!! Very cute!! Very handsome and smart looking (not that he isn't already!). I have an astigmatism too but am naughty and don't wear my glasses like I should unless I get a headache. Tell him that Maysen wants glasses now .. haha! Have fun this weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jonas, You look very handsome in your new glasses! I'll bet that makes your eyes feel better! Don't be like your Aunt Leslie and not wear your glasses. She's a naughty one :o). Love You. Grandma Sherrill